Jun 19, 2010

You Liar

Tim Roth plays a human lie detector/profiler for the FBI and other agencies in the blah blah same as the other shows 'Lie to me'.
Laying the English accent on thick Roth sometimes appears to either have had a stroke or hes drunk by the slurred words and relaxed posture.

What gets me is he told someone he was in Belfast for the British in 1986. So was Old Knudsen but thats besides the point. It implies he was doing something against Irish nationalist terrorist groups such as the IRA and he was employed by the Her majesty's government.

I know Americans and even some Sassenachs know less about the Troubles as African bushmen know about stairs which isn't much and so Belfast is used so there is some vague idea.

I'd like someone in an American TV show to say something like "I was in Lurgan for the British in 1986" or Ballybeen, Rathcoole or Londonderry which would have to be called Derry the odd time to please both sides.

No comments: